I hope you've had a great weekend.
When I was preparing yesterday's video - Revertsed Double Cutain Fold, I made a card base for the card I was making but, unfortunately, I'd adhered all the layers together, forgetting I needed wrap the curtains around the top two layers first!
So I started with a cardbase of Whisper White Cardstock, with a layer of Melon Mambo and then a top layer of Whisper White.
Then I stamped three leafy stems using Old Olive Ink, three bows using Archival Basic Grey Ink, and six of the double flowers which are two-step stamps.
Using Melon Mambo Ink, I stamped the darkest image first, and then I stamped the Melon Mambo Ink off once for the background image of the flowers.
Then I die cut all the images. Once they were all done, I arranged the images in various layouts on the card base trying to decide what I wanted to do with them.
I started with a bouquet and worked my way through various arrangements down to a single stem. I decided I liked the triple stems layout the best.
For each of the three individual stems, I chose two small and one larger flower each. I used my now retired Two Way Glue Pen the adhere the stems to the card base.
It was a toss up between tiny Pearls in the centres of the flowers or dots drawn with my white gel pen - the Pearls won!
Finally, I chose the Get Well Soon sentiment from the Hopeful Thoughts Stamp Set. Using Archival Basic Grey Ink, and Whisper White Cardstock, I stamped the sentiment and punched it out using the Classic Label Punch. I also punched two more out in Basic Grey Cardstock.
I cut one in half horizontally and adhered them behind the sentiment top and bottom.
That's about it for today. Until tomorrow, happy carafting.
JanB.
Oh, what a cute and original take on this stamp set, Jan. Love it! (and no jars involved! lol) -- it's just delightful and the colours, while being something I may not have thought of myself, work just great too! I so appreciate how we can all take the same stamp set and come up with such a vast variety of interpretations or creative possibilities. And I so appreciate your willingness to share with all of us fortunate ones out here who know who JanB is!! : -) Thank you once again! I intend to be CASING this one!!
ReplyDeleteHi, Geraldine. As you say, this set is just so amazingly versatile. I haven't started with the fish yet! ☺ Happy crafting, JanB.
DeleteAwesome update thank you for sharing have a blessed day
ReplyDeleteHi, Linda. I'm pleased you like today's project - a bright happy card. ☺ Happy crafting, JanB.
DeleteThat's a very sweet card! It would definitely cheer me up if I was feeling unwell! Flowers do that don't they :-
ReplyDeleteHi, Sue. Yes, it's really lovely to receive flowers and if you can't send the real thing, this would be a very nice second best! ☺ Happy crafting, JanB.
Delete