Oh, boy! How quickly the pre-order Stamparatus sold out last night!
If you missed out, make a note of the next pre-order which is from 5th - 30th December 2017 at 22:00CET/21:00GMT, for delivery from 19th March 2018.
After that it will be available for normal purchase in the new 2018/2019 Annual Catalogue which goes live on 1st June 2018.
Today's card is a card that I've CASED from one of the swaps I received at OnStage last weekend.
Reading the recipe Laura had put on the back of her card front, I thought I knew how she had created her splodges, but I was wrong!
As it turned out, my card finished up looking rather bland, and I had to add something to change this!
The main point of swapping is to share ideas and to inspire, which Laura's card certainly did, although I'd still like to know how she achieved her "splodges"!
I started my card with a base of Whisper White Cardstock (CS), a layer of Island Indigo CS, and a top layer of Whisper White CS.
I cut curved lines on either side to make the houses appear to be on a hill.
Next, I had assumed Laura had used Versamark, and the spotty stamp from the Swirly Bird Stamp Set to create her splodges, so I followed suit.
The only change I made was to use the heart stamp from the Cheers to the Year Stamp Set, but I didn't get the lighter colour I was expecting.
I carried on and put my card together, and made one more change.
This was inking the sentiment stamp in Versamark, then in Island Indigo Ink, before dipping it in Clear Embossing Powder, and heat setting it.
Next, I did the same on the Whisper White layer for the inside of the card using the Father Christmas and reindeer stamp from the Hearts Come Home Stamp Set.
I put some cut strands of Silver Thread under the heart.
It was at this point when I sat back and looked at my card that I decided it looked rather bland.
I toyed with the idea of stamping Father Christmas and the reindeer in the top left hand corner, but I didn't want to repeat what I'd already done it inside.
I finally decided to add Dazzling Diamond Glitter along the hill top and all over the houses - it worked a treat!
This is Laura's website: www.lauramackie.co.uk
That's it for me today.
So until tomorrow, happy crafting.
JanB.
Hi Jan referring to card today she may have squirted or splashed a little water onto the ink
ReplyDeleteHi, Daisychain. I wondered that but how did she make the resulting watermarks shiny? I'm going to try and contact her, and I'll come back if I find out! ☺ Happy crafting, JanB.
Delete