Yesterday I decided to use one of the Foil Snowflakes and see what kind of a snowflake I'd get if I used one as a stencil.
I used Real Red Ink on Whisper White Cardstock (CS) with one of our sponges I'd cut into four.
I allowed my sponging to go over the edge but tried to keep it in as much of a circle as possible.
When I removed the Foil Snowflake, I was pleased with the effect but the outside circle was much darker than the middle, which I didn't like.
I decided to fussy cut the snowflake instead.
I chose one of my favourite colour schemes for this card - black, red and white.
I started with a Whisper White CS card base, a layer of Real Red CS, and a top layer of Designer Series Paper (DSP).
I chose one of the Basic Black on Whisper White music sheets from the Merry Music Specialty DSP.
Using Basic Black Archival Ink and Whisper White CS, I stamped the sentiment which is from the Christmas Happiness Stamp Set.
After die cutting it using the Stitched Shapes Framelits circle die no. 3, I layered it on a Basic Black CS scalloped circle, and then onto a larger Real Red CS Circle.
Both the circle dies were from the Layering Circle Framelits Dies.
I adhered this into the centre of the snowflake, and then adhered the snowflake onto the card front using Dimensionals.
As I've used a music design DSP, I decided to stamp three of the drummer boys from the Musical Season Stamp Set.
I used Real Red Ink on Whisper White CS.
I had considered using Craft White Ink on Basic Black CS, but decided against it!
As the pattern on the DSP was at varying angles, I adhered two of the drummer boys at different angles as much as possible.
It's so much easier not having to worry about getting things in straight lines!
I was happy with the finished card, but I would have liked to cover the solid red uppermost point of the snowflake.
I experimented with ribbons and bows, but nothing looked right!
Any suggestions?
Inside the card, I adhered a layer of Real Red CS, with a layer of Whisper White CS.
I finished the card off by adhering the third drummer boy in the bottom right hand corner.
I have my two cards and 3D project ready for classes this weekend, and no, this isn't one of them!
Until tomorrow, happy crafting.
JanB.
No comments:
Post a Comment