| Photograph 1 - Year of Cheer Specialty DSP Flip Top Box |
When I posted the Be Merry Kit rosettes video on Wednesday, I hinted at a follow on video today!
I wanted to design a box that could be used either for gifting a rosette, or for storing the rosettes in from one Christmas to the next.
Having played around with two different styles of boxes, and making two in one video, I have eight boxes for storage and just need another four!
If you aren't planning on getting the rosettes, the box will still make a good sized gift box, and it's easy to omit the window if you don't want the gift inside to be on display!
The finished size of the box is 4.5" x 4.5" x 0.75".
While I was making today's video, I said I had others to show at the end of the video, and I forgot! So I'm sharing them here!
| Photograph 2 - Quilted Christmas 6" x 6" DSP Stack Flip Top Box |
The second one was another Basic Black CS pizza box, still no window, but decorated with a layer of Whisper White CS, and a layer of the white words design Designer Series Paper (DSP) called Merry Music Specialty DSP.
Then I decided to see what a flip top box would be like, and this is when I added the window.
| Photograph 3 - Quilted Christmas 6" x 6" DSP Stack Flip Top Box |
For the fourth box, I chose a more muted design of DSP but still from the from the Quilted Christmas 6" x 6" DSP Stack.
I was so pleased with the huge difference this made!
By now I was ready to start planning my video, but what should I do? Flip Top Box or Pizza Box?
I made two more boxes - one of each style - but this time using our stunning Year Of Cheer Specialty DSP.
| Photograph 4 - Quilted Christmas 6" x 6" DSP Stack Flip Top Boxes |
| Photograpf 5 - Year of Cheer Specialty DSP Pizza Box |
Initially, I was surprised that each box started with a piece of cardstock the same size, but when I actually thought about it, it was logical.
It would have been different had I made the flip top box with a base that needed to be sealed, rather than one that went from front to back!
I had myself set up and ready to make two boxes in one video, without cutting important corners e.g. without omitting how and why I made a template for positioning the window.
Tomorrow morning hubby and I are off at the crack of dawn for a four day break on the Isle of Wight.
Until tomorrow, happy Sunday, and happy crafting.
JanB.
No comments:
Post a Comment