I fell in love with this box as soon as I saw it!
It was featured on YouTube by a lady called Shelley Roberts back in 2014.
Shelley credited Sam Hammond - Pootles - as the designer of this box.
It's not often I actually sit and watch videos; if I have my iPad on, it's normally just for a bit of company! Does anybody else do that?
After I'd finished watching Shelley's video, I watched Sam's version, during which Sam said she has no idea how she came up with this idea!
All I can say is I'm so pleased she did as I think it's stunning.
Since I first saw Shelley's video three days ago, I haven't stopped making these boxes!
It's extremely rare that I think Designer Series Paper (DSP) is a good idea for boxes, but this box is amazingly strong, and it's ideal for DSP!
This is because the way the corners are fixed together.
Photograph 2 shows the inside of one of the corners, and you can see how the layers have re-inforced the original tab.
I think you might need to make one of these boxes to fully appreciate the technical side of the construction.
Photograph 4 shows the side of the box and clearly shows the beautifully smooth, curved corner
Photograph 5 shows the second box I made.
As usual, I use retired products when I first start working on new projects.
I can't remember what this Designer Series Paper was called but all the designs were in Whisper White and either Sahara Sand or possibly Tip Top Taupe!
The two boxes I made using the Petal Garden Designer Series Paper Stack were embellished with a simple Thank You sentiment.
I used the stamp from the Eastern Beauty Stamp Set and punched it out using a 1" Circle Punch.
As something a bit different, I decorated the Whisper White Cardstock (CS) sentiment with some little flowers I'd fussy cut from an identical sheet of the DSP stack.
I didn't think about decorating the two Christmas boxes as I'm not into full swing for Christmas yet!
However, I did make two red and white boxes using the same sheet of Quilted Christmas DSP Stack.
I reversed the two sheets to show how different the same design paper can look!
I'm off to the hairdressers this morning so I must dash. Until tomorrow, happy crafting.
JanB.
I will have to shout myself an Envelope Punch Board in order to make this absolutely stunning box. Do you think it could be made without a punch board?????
ReplyDeleteWarm Wishes: Mal, Australia
Hi, Mal. I did consider that and I think this box could be made without an Envelope Punch Board, as long as you have a diagonal Score Board! However, I'm not sure how important the punched areas are. Eventually I gave up considering the idea, because I decided it works nicely with the EPB - and it's a great tool to have for other projects! - and "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" LOL! Do give this box a try, it's really stunning! ☺☺☺ Happy crafting, JanB.
Delete