Yesterday it looked like summer had finally arrived! But it hasn't! It was just peeping its head around the door! At least hubby had a good day in the garden and the front looks lovely. He's out there again today, hoping to get the back garden finished before the rain arrives!
I was very pleasantly surprised at the size of the finished box. The base is 2 5/8" x 2 1/4" the height to the start of the slanted top is 2 1/4" and the overall height is 4 1/8". It will certainly hold a lot of goodies.
This die set also includes three dies that will cut holes in the top of the box depending what type of closure you want; there are three dies that could be used for labels, tags or for creating windows in the box; there's a heart and also the word YUM! You can see a picture of all these dies on page 191 of the current catalogue.
I cut six pieces of a Melon Mambo and Whisper White design from the Pop of Pink Specialty DSP. Using Melon Mambo Ink and the border stamp from the Floral Phrases Stamp Set, I decorated the top of the two pieces that were for the top part of the box and then I decorated the bottom part of the four pieces that were going to go on the bottom part of the box - I love this stamp!
I chose two dies from the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Dies and die cut them from some Melon Mambo Cardstock - they were the words FOR YOU and the bow, which is the bow I now use for butterflies' antennae!
I have a couple of ideas what I'd like to do with this die set so they are now on the list with lots more other ideas already in the queue! LOL!
That's about it for today. Until tomorrow, happy crafting.
JanB.
No comments:
Post a Comment