Monday 24 September 2018

Timeless Tidings Christmas Card

Hello, Crafters.

I hope you've had a super weekend. I've thoroughly enjoyed

 seeing my sister and brother-in-law, who have now gone

 on to visit family in Sussex before flying home on Tuesday.   
  To create today's card I used the Timeless Tidings Stamp Set

 for the holly, the sentiment and the dotted line above and

 below the sentiment. To give the background some

 interest I used a stamp from the Beautiful Blizzard

 Stamp Set, in Smokey Slate Ink, stamped off once.

 I started by heat embossing the holly image in all four 

corners using our Black Embossing Powder. I used my 

Stamp-a-ma-jig - which is still a very important crafting

tool for me - to position all three stamps. 
To colour the image I used my Real Red, Granny Apple Green

 and Soft Suede Marker Pens. My first attempt was not a

 success, so I fussy cut one of the holly branches and used

 it to decorate the inside of my card! 
 Back to the front of my card! I decided to do the 

sentiment on a separate piece of Whisper White 

Cardstock (CS). My thought process was that if I messed 

up on the actual layer, I'd have to re-do it on a separate 

piece of CS anyway, so I might as well go for that idea

 in the first place. And I'm glad I did! 
At first, I was going to layer it on plain Real Red CS, but

then I decided to do something fancy with dies, although I

 couldn't think what they were called: Delicate Lace Edglits.
 I adhered it to the card front using Dimensionals  and 

added some small Pearls across the top, bottom,

 and middle.

 I also a Baker's Twine bow to each holly branch, and had to

 use Cherry Cobbler because it was the closest red I had. 

The final touch was some Fine Tip Glue on all the berries 

which I allowed to dry in small mounds! 

I'm happy with today's card and hope you like it, too.

 That's about it from me, so until tomorrow, happy crafting.

JanB.

Products Used
 
Big Shot
[143263]
£102.00

No comments:

Post a Comment