Monday 17 September 2018

Team Challenge & Labelling Stampin' Blends

Hello, Crafters.

I hope you had a beautifully relaxing weekend. Saturday 

week ago one of the ladies in my team set a challenge for 

us all, and we were to share our cards on Saturday! For 

some inexplicable reason, there was much confusion about

 when the challenge started, when it ended, and what we 

were expected to be doing. At one stage it all became so

 confused, it was absolutely hilarious!

 I think we are all singing from the same song sheet now,

and everyone is geared up for this week's challenge which

 we have to share this coming Saturday. Today's card is

 my card for last Saturday's challenge which was Basic

 Black and Soft Sea Foam (or Mint Macaroon)! I started with

 a top layer of Basic Black Cardstock (CS), with a layer of 

Soft Sea Foam CS, and a Basic Black CS card base.

 I had just finished Friday's card, which was the three gifts

 using the Nothing Sweeter Stamp set and the Sweetly 

Stitched Dies. I decided I'd do something similar using the

 Christmas Tree, and die cut them without stamping them. 
 If you didn't understand what I meant when I wrote on my

 blog on Friday "The gift has horizontal lines as in stitches, 

the tree has vertical lines that look like dominoes, and the 

heart has little crosses on it" you can see on today's card 

the stitching on the trees that looks like dominoes! LOL!

 I added some Basic Rhinestones to the trees,and painted the

 NOEL using my Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Pen. To decorate

 the inside of the card I took a layer of Soft Sea Foam CS

 and wrapped a strip of the fabulous black sparkly ribbon

 that's available in the Christmas Catalogue - called Black 

3/8" Glittered Organdy Ribbon (page 49) - about an inch up 

from the bottom. I die cut a Christmas Tree in Basic Black 

CS, and adhered it over the ribbon on the right-hand side. 
 If you watched my Craft Studio Tour video, you will know 

that I had some more pen trays on order for my Stampin' 

Blends. I ordered six trays so I would have room to store 

the pens I already have, and would have room for new 

ones as I gradually add to my collection. When my pen trays

 arrived, I'd been sent black trays but I'd ordered Clear. To 

cut a long story short, my clear trays arrived on Saturday, so

 I set to organising my colours the same way as I do my inks.

 That is, all the greens together, all the blues together, all the

 pinks together etc. But this still left the problem of not

 being able to identify the exact colours, nor the light and 

dark! I mentioned to hubby that I find my pens frustrating 

because I have to keep pulling the pens out and reading 

the labels to find out what's what! He suggested that I

 numbered them on the end caps!

At that moment, the lights went on, and I knew exactly what 

I was going to do! First I put the colours in the correct pairs,

 light on the left and dark on the right. I also made sure the

 colour names were facing up (toward the ceiling)

 and pointing towards me.

 I took some white self-adhesive circles that fitted on the

 pen caps exactly and wrote the first name e.g. CRUMB 

on one circle and CAKE on the second circle. Then I

 ahered CRUMB to the light pen and CAKE to the dark

 pen. I did this for all the pens I have. There will 

probably be times when colours won't co-operate with

 my system e.g. if we ever have PETAL PINK

 and POWDER PINK
 I hope this has given you some food for thought!

That's about it from me today, so until

 tomorrow, happy crafting.

JanB.

Products Used
 

No comments:

Post a Comment