Tuesday 18 September 2018

Clearance Rack & Beautiful Baubles

Hello, Crafters.

Stampin' Up! really like to keep us demonstrators on our 

toes! Yesterday morning, after they had done it, they 

announced the Clearance Rack was being updated. ☺
 I try not to send out an email newsletter more than once a

 month, and I had sent one on Sunday evening with a couple 

of important reminders for customers. Then first thing 

yesterday morning, I hurriedly had to send out a second 

email to give all my customers a fair chance of picking up 

some of the amazing offers that were available. I hope 

you were able to purchase the products you wanted.
Today's card is my first play with the Beautiful Baubles 

Stamp Set and Detailed Baubles Thinlits Dies. My first idea

 was to use my Stamparatus to stamp the image three 

times across the front of but the size of the stamp ruled 

out this idea! However, I did use my Stamparatus so I could

 make sure I achieved a good impression.

I coloured the baubles using Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green

 and So Saffron Marker Pens, but I wasn't happy with the

 result at all! I moved on to  Plan B! I stamped the image on

 to three fairly plain designs from the All is Bright 

Designer Series Paper (DSP). The designs were in Cherry

 Cobbler, Garden Green and Crumb Cake. 

I mixed the colours up and adhered the die-cuts, over the

 images I had painted! It looked so very much nicer! I 

adhered the top Whisper White Cardstock (CS) layer to a

 layer of Crumb Cake CS, and then adhered some Crumb 

Cake ribbon around the bottom.

 I stamped the image and die cut it using an Oval Stitched

 Shape Framelits die. Then I layered it onto a Crumb Cake

 CS Scalloped Oval and then a Cherry Cobbler CS straight cut 

oval. I used Dimensionals to sit the sentiment astride the 

ribbon, and added a bow in the same ribbon. 

I finished the front of the card using some Basic Rhinestones

 on the sentiment. Inside the card I added a layer of 

Whisper White CS onto a layer of Crumb Cake CS, and 

finished off with several baubles lying on the "floor"!
I hope you've enjoyed today's project. Although I was 

disappointed with my first attempt, I'm very pleased how

 it turned out with Plan B! LOL! 

That's about it from me today! 

Until tomorrow, happy crafting.

JanB. 


Products Used
 
Big Shot
[143263]
£102.00

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully rendered Jan. I'm still waiting for this bundle to arrive, but love the thought of all that colouring. I rather like the addition of the Crumb Cake (I wouldn't have thought of it personally) both in the baubles and ribbon and c/s ... it's quite lovely! Well done, friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Geraldine. Like you, I wouldn't have thought about Crumb Cake except it's one of the colours the DSP co-ordinates with. And yes, what a pleasant surprise to see them go together so well! ☺ Happy crafting, JanB.

      Delete