Wednesday 19 September 2018

Desk Mobile Phone Holder Video

Hello, Crafters.

I've had today's project in my mind for quite some time but

 the time was never the right time to do it............until

 now.............and I'm very pleased how it has turned out!
 When I made vide No.188 - Freestanding Post-It Note Holder 

Video, someone made the comment that it would be great

 to hold your mobile phone. I agreed but didn't think too

 much about it until recently, when I had mine on my

 desk but minus the Post-It Note Pad. 

Without thinking, I put my phone in there, and it reminded 

me of the comment someone had made, so that was it! 

No time like the present, but I knew I had to do something

 different because I didn't want to copy my previous video! 

It didn't take too much to work out that the Post-It Note

 Pad, calendar and stylus/pen would all make good 

bed-mates. For my first attempt I made the unit 1/4" wider

 but it didn't achieve anything so I went back to the original

 size. The only problem I had was which Designer

 Series Paper (DSP) to choose.

 We have a terrific selection of DSP's in the current 

catalogues although I knew I didn't want to have anything

 that's seasonal. For the first complete unit I made, I used

 Tranquil Tide Cardstock (CS) together with a beautiful

 design from Tranquil Textures DSP.

 I wanted designs that had non-specific designs, and this 

fitted the bill brilliantly. For the unit I made during the

 video I used Highland Heather CS, and chose a 

pinky/lilacy onyx design from Petal Promenade. 

I decorated both cards the same, but changed the colour

 scheme - the Tranquild Tide unit has Blackberry Bliss 

flowers, and the Highland Heather unit has Highland

 Heather flowers. The stamp set is called First Frost, and 

is available in Wood- or Clear-Mount, and has a set of

 co-ordinating dies called Frosted Bouquet. These products 

are available as a bundle, which saves 10% off the

 individual prices!

 (See the Autumn/Winter Catalogue page 37).

 I decorated the first unit using the Clear Faceted Gems, 

and I was going to use the largest-size Basic Rhinestones 

for the video unit. I decided against that idea because

 I found the stylus was well-supported by the Faceted 

Gem because it protruded a fair bit! 
 This morning I'm off to meet Vicki (my daughter) for coffee.

 We don't get much of a chance to catchup with each other 

when we're at Church nowadays, because she's gone back to 

teaching the younger ones at Sunday school, so we're going 

back to our coffee mornings! Then this evening, hubby and I

 are meeting up with my sister and brother-in-law, who 

are on a flying visit from Australia! So it's definitely a 

no-crafting day today! Until tomorrow, happy crafting. 

JanB.

4 comments:

  1. Good Morning, Jan! Don't personally use a Cell Phone (or mobile phone) but I intend to enjoy the video anyway ... I always do! Enjoy your coffee out with Vicky and your visit with your sister's visit this evening! Tomorrow's another day, didn't someone say? ENJOY YOUR DAY! Meanwhile, back to the video ..... and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Geraldine. You couls always substitute the mobile phone for a lovely big bar of chocolate! ☺ Ooohh!! Think I may just do that now I have four of these sitting on my desk! ☺ Happy crafting! JanB.

      Delete
  2. I purchase the little calendars from a company called Taylored Expressions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Joan. Many thanks for sharing this. I see this company is based in the US. Do they ship internationally? It's always useful to know more than one supplier.....just in case! ☺ Happy crafting, JanB.

      Delete