Thursday 20 September 2018

Get Well Soon First Frost & Healing Hugs

Hello, Crafters. 

What a wonderful day I had yesterday! It started with 

coffee with Vicki which lasted nearly three hours - boy 

can we talk! LOL! After that I drove over to my sister's 

hotel, which was just an eight minute drive away! I spent

 a couple of hours catching up with her and her hubby.
  I came back home and did a bit of crafting, while waiting

 for hubby to arrive home, so he could get himself ready so

 we could take my sister Mavis, and her hubby Bill, out for 

dinner yesterday evening. We had a really super time, and

 we'll be seeing them again when they come here this

 afternoon, and will be staying for dinner.
Today's card was inspired by the decoration I added to the 

Desk Mobile Phone Holder Video I shared yesterday. I've really 

fallen in love with the First Frost Stamp Set, and I added 

the Get Well Soon sentiment from the Healing Hugs Stamp Set. 
 The die I used for the sentiment is also from the Frosted

 Bouquet Framelits Dies, which co-ordinates with the 

First Frost Stamp Set. What I really like is that the 

oblong die is made up of two dies, which allows the

 sentiment to be die cut with the smaller die, and then

 a layer to be die cut using the bigger die! 
I decorated the sentiment with a small wooden branch from 

the Frames Elements 146906 on page 199. Although it 

isn't visible in the photographs, I have painted all the flowers 

and leaves using my Clear Wink of Stella Glitter 

Pen 141897 on page 203.


I chose Petal Pink as my main colour, but this is very much

 a peachy colour rather than pink!The ribbon I adhered

 around the centre is from the Metallic Ribbon Combo 

Pack that's availalable in the Annual Catalogue 

146329 on page 201.  
To finish the inside of the card, I adhered a layer of 

Whisper White Cardstock, and decorated the bottom right-hand 

corner. I cut one of the long sprigs of leaves in half, and 

adhered both pieces under one large flower - all pieces 

were also painted with my Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Pen.
  I'm not sure if I'll have any time for crafting today, but I may

 be able to snatch a couple of hours this morning!

 Until tomorrow, happy crafting.

JanB.


Products Used


Big Shot
[143263]
£102.00

2 comments:

  1. So pleased that you and Vicky had a good time together "talking"! That's so special. Sounds like you're also really enjoying being able to have your sister and her hubby close by too ... lots of catch up visiting! Just savour the moments and enjoy your time together while you can! Crafting will always be there; she lives abroad so won't always be there. In between all that, "Happy Crafting!" and TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Geraldine. Waiting for them now. Just finished tomorrow's card, and I need to make three quick Thank You cards! You know me well enough to know that's not me complaining! ♥ I won't be seeing them again for another 3 or 4 years so it's all very well worth the effort.
      ☺ Happy crafting, JanB

      Delete