Friday 21 September 2018

Healing Hugs

Hello, Crafters.

I managed to snatch almost three hours crafting before

 my sister and brother-in-law arrived yesterday afternoon, 

and then I spent the rest of the day chatting, and catching up! 

The stamp set I played with was the Healing Hugs (page 110

 Annual Catalogue - AC), and I was amazed at the stunning

 image the large flower stamp produced. I tried Rich 

Razzleberry first, and decided it was too dark. Next I tried

 Berry Burst Ink and was really impressed with the depth

 of colour without losing any of the detail that was

 etched into the stamp!

 I used Berry Burst Ink to stamp the sentiment onto a strip

 of Whisper White Cardstock (CS), which I then die cut

 using the banner die in the Night Owl Thinlits Dies (page

 41 Christmas Catalogue - CC). I re-die cut the sentiment to 

shorten it, by sliding the die along the first part

 I had die cut, and then I die cut anothr banner

 but in Mint Macaroon. I layered the two banners on

 top of each other to make sure the 

sentiment was easily visible. 
 
 Before I started my card I had a rough idea about the 

layout, accompanying colour, and Designer Series of Paper.

 The (DSP) is called Frosted Floral, and I used Mint 

Macaroon as the green for my leaves.
 I had a remnant of Whisper White CS that had been dry

 embossed with the Quilted Embossing Folder, which I cut

 down to my required size. To put my card together, I 

adhered the DSP onto a layer of Whisper White CS layer

 and then to the card base of Mint Macaroon. 

I adhered the dry embossed CS to a layer of Mint Macaroon

 CS, and then on the DSP in the top left-hand corner, and

 in the top left-hand corner of this piece, I adhered the

 sentiment using Dimensionals.

I stamped one large flower, and one set of leaves; next I

 fussy-cut both images, which I then adhered using

 Dimensionals. I added a row of Basic Rhinestones

 along the bottom of the dry embossed layer. Inside the

 card I added a layer of Whisper White CS and decorated

 the two bottom corners with Mint Macaroon sprigs,

punched with the new Sprig Punch (page 29 - CC). 

Looking at my card now, I think I would have preferred 

the Rhinestones on the actual banner, but not enough to 

try to change it! That's about it from me today.

 I hope you have a lovely day, and until tomorrow, 

happy crafting. 

 JanB.


Products Used
 
Big Shot
[143263]
£102.00
Sprig Punch
[148012]
£17.00

No comments:

Post a Comment