Thursday 27 September 2018

Sincerely Santa Project Kit - Tag 2

Hello, Crafters.

I am sooo, sooo excited! My beautifully revamped blog will

 be live any day now - probably at the weekend! Yesterday

 I was working on getting my blogs scheduled through to

 Saturday which will make life easier for my IT guru when

 it comes to the actual move from Blogger to WordPress.
  The moment you see the new blog, you'll know you have

 arrived - it's gorgeous! All I need you to do for me is to

 re-subscribe when you are on Wordpress, and you will go 

back to receiving an email EVERY time I post a new blog!

 It's highly unlikely that there'll be any hiccups with the 

transition but if there are, please bear with us!

 Today I'm sharing the second tag I made from the Sincerely

 Santa Project Kit. As I said at the beginning of assembling

 these tags, I'm going to do my best to stick to the

 kit, and I have been good................well, pretty good! ☺

The change I made on this tag is the ribbon. The

 instructions say to use 2.25" of ribbon and fishtail the ends.

 I wasn't happy with that in case the ends frayed. I could

 have singed the ends of the ribbons, but I didn't want to 

run the risk of starting a fire in my studio! I came up with

 a simple solution instead! The down side is that I used 4"

 per tag which left me short for the other tag that needed

 red ribbon, but I was able to find a work around, 

so it wasn't a problem!
 
 I used a Glue Dot at each end of my Real Red Ribbon, and 

with the aid of my tweezers I folded back 5/8" each end so 

they were held in place by the Glue Dot. Then I carried on 

with the instructions that came with the kit. I knew there

 are more gold self-adhesive stars in the kit than are needed,

 so I used two for the top of my Christmas tree instead of one!

I adhered a smaller star on top of a larger one and adhered

 them on the top of the tree. The photograph on the leaflet 

makes the star look as if it's covering the hole where the

 cord goes, and I was concerned that, as the cord moved,

 it may damage the star. To make sure this didn't happen, I 

adhered my double star a bit lower so the cord didn't rub

 and cause any damage the star. 

When I had finished the first tag, I did say I thought that

 one would be my favourite but the jury was out. I'm not 

sure that's going to be the case now! I would have said that

 the Christmas Tree tag was the least attractive, but having

 now seen it and made six of them, it's so much nicer in real

 life! Tomorrow I'll be back with the third tag! In the 

meantime, happy crafting.

JanB.

Products Used
 
Glue Dots
[103683]
£4.75

No comments:

Post a Comment