Friday 7 September 2018

Peaceful Poinsettia

Hello, Crafters.

Yesterday I had a lovely walk in the sunshine, down to the 

town to collect my car, which hubby had dropped off in the

 morning for a service. As far as I'm concerned, this weather

 can carry on for several more weeks like this, as long as

 it turns cold in time for Christmas! ☺
This is another stamp set that's just crying out to be painted!

 Yesterday I painted it twice, once with our Marker Pens and 

once with our Blends - and I liked both results equally. For

 today's card, I used our Blends, and I stamped the image

 twice on Shimmery White Cardstock (CS) using Tuxedo

 Black Memento Ink. The Blends I used are the Real Red Combo 

and the Old Olive Combo, plus Dark Daffodil Delight for the centres.
 It was a toss up between the Frost White Shimmer Paint and

 Dazzling Diamonds for the berries - the latter won! I think

 Stampin' Up! have excelled themselves again with their 

fabulous colour revamp! Although I used Shaded Spruce for

 my card base and the inner oval, the ribbon is Tranquil Tide.
I knew the direction I was taking the design of my card, but

 I needed a small sentiment, and there isn't one in the 

Peaceful Poinsettia Stamp Set. There are three, but have 

been designed to be a prominent feature on a card, so I had a

 look at my other Christmas stamp sets and found this 

beautiful Seasons Greetings in the Wishing You Well Stamp Set.

As I was using Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper - this is now 

retired and we have Sparkle Glimmer Paper instead - I 

wasn't sure whether to heat emboss the sentiment in 

White or Silver. White won and it was the right decision;

 I'm really pleased with how it looks! 
 After I had painted one of the two stamped images, I
 
 decided to paint the second poinsettia only, and then to 

fussy cut it. I used the die from the Detailed Poinsettia 

Framelits to die cut the complete painted image, but it 

didn't look right against my fussy cut flower.  This was because

 I had cut around the black edging, but the die had left a 

very narrow white edging. It would have been alright if I

 had left a white edging, but I didn't so I fussy cut the whole

 image! It wasn't too bad as the die had laid the guidelines 

so it was just a question of following them! 

I covered all the berries with Fine Tip Glue, then covered 

with Dazzling Diamonds, and put the die cut to one side to

 dry! The Designer Series Paper (DSP) is from the same pack 

I used for yesterday's card, which was Under the Mistletoe. 

As I'm sitting writing this, I'm looking at my card and feel it

 needs something to finish it off. I've decided it needs some 

yellow pearls in the centre of the flower. Unfortunately, 

I've finished taking all my photographs! Grrr!

To finish the inside of my card, I stamped the strip of holly

 stamp twice in a row, along the bottom of the inside layer,

 and coloured with the green and red Blends as before. I

 also added a robin from the Feathers & Frost Stamp Set!  
 
 I hope you've enjoyed today's project, and maybe you'll

 give it a try! Until tomorrow, happy crafting.

JanB. 

Products Used
 

3 comments:

  1. How did I miss THIS yesterday?! It's gorgeous! Love how you've combined the 2 stamp sets ... beautifully done, my friend! Love too that you've pulled out your Dazzling Diamonds again. It's just the perfect touch of glitter against the beautiful bold red and green!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Geraldine. Yes, my Dazzling Diamonds have been seriously over looked, but the good news is, they're BACK!! ☺ Happy crafting. JanB.

      Delete
  2. How did I miss THIS yesterday?! It's gorgeous! Love how you've combined the 2 stamp sets ... beautifully done, my friend! Love too that you've pulled out your Dazzling Diamonds again. It's just the perfect touch of glitter against the beautiful bold red and green!

    ReplyDelete