Thursday 6 September 2018

Spirited Snowmen & Dazzling Diamonds

Hello, Crafters.

Oh dear! I don't know what happened, but yesterday morning's 

blog didn't publish until 9.30 pm UK time! I sincerely apologise

 for this; I can only assume I scheduled it to publish at the 

wrong time! I will pay extra attention in future to make

 sure it doesn't happen again. 
Now that the Christmas catalogue is Live, I can start making

 Christmas cards totally guilt-free! 
This image of the snowman and snowwoman, from the 

Spirited Snowmen, was one of the first I fell in love with;

 it is just so, so cute! 
This is the first time for absolutely ages that I've used Dazzling

 Diamonds. I think I more or less stopped using it when Stampin' 

Up! retired the absolutely fabulous two-way Glue Pen. These

 two products together were a marriage made in heaven! 
 Yesterday I used the Fine Tipe Glue Pen for the Dazzling

 Diamonds, and it worked quite well. I did find the glue was

 very thick in comparison to the two-way Glue Pen, and

 caused a slight "bubble" on the cardstock. I'm pleased to say 

it did eventually dry, and the bubble disappeared!
 I painted the snow mound they were standing on using the 

Frost White Shimmer Paint. As far as photographs are concerned

 I had to prop the card up at an angle to make the snow visible!

The Designer Series Paper (DSP) I used behind the image is 

called Under the Mistletoe. I should have checked the 

colours used in this DSP before I started on my card, and 

I would have known to use Old Olive instead of 

Granny Apple Green!☺ 
There is a snowflakes stamp in the set which I was 

going to stamp to give the happy couple something to

 look at, but I decided to leave it clear! My favourite

 style - plain and simple! 
That's about it from me today. If yesterday was your first

 chance to view the new catalogue, I hope you liked! Please

 let me know if you'd like me to send you a hardcopy. In 

the meantime, ntil tomorrow, happy crafting.

JanB. 

Products Used

 
Grid Paper
[130148]
£10.00

3 comments:

  1. Really a sweet card! I love this stamp set and have made a few cards using it already. Like how you've done their bodies in the Dazzling Diamonds and used the DSP for the layer behind ... both ideas I could implement myself, rather than just colouring etc. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Geraldine. I had three emails from Blogger a few days ago and I selected to go back to the way we were i.e. I get an email when someone posts a comment. I was thrilled to think they'd sorted themselves out after so long! Apparently not! I'll investigate and see if I can find out what's going on! ☺ Happy crafting, JanB.

      Delete
  2. Really a sweet card! I love this stamp set and have made a few cards using it already. Like how you've done their bodies in the Dazzling Diamonds and used the DSP for the layer behind ... both ideas I could implement myself, rather than just colouring etc. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete