Saturday 8 September 2018

Peaceful Poinsettia Again

Hello, Crafters.

Today, after many requests, I finally relented and made a

 video called Tour of my Craft Studio! Obviously I don't have

 any editing to do, so it will go live Sunday morning. 
Today's card has been inspired by a card I saw in the Stampin' 

Up! demonstrators' quarterly magazine called Stampin' 

Success. I used Real Red as my base colour, and die cut the

 poinsettia, leaves and berries using three of the 

Detailed Poinsettia Thinlits Dies.

The dies were: the first one did the leaves and berries 

around the poinsettia, the second dies was the poinsettia,

 and the third one was the leaves and berries die which I 

used for the bottome right-hand corner. 

I took a piece of Garden Green Cardstock (CS) and a piece

 of Old Olive CS, and die cut using the two leaf and berry

 dies as before. This gave me two more top layers already

die cut - just the flower head to be done - as well

 as four pine branches in each of Garden Green and Old Olive.

 I used them to decorate the top of the oval Christmas

 Wishes sentiment, which I had painted using the Garden

 Green and Real Red Marker Pens.
 I've quite surprised myself with today's card because I like

 it even though it's very busy! The card I saw in the Stampin'

 Up! magazine had a red layer under the top red layer, and

 I liked how it looked but not enough to copy it!

 I chose to use the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper - now

 replaced by Sparkle Glimmer Paper! - so that the die cuts

 were really accentuated, and I think it's worked well! 

To decorate the inside of the card, I used the two corner

 dies on the bottom of the top layer. In comparison to

 the front of the card, I think these die cuts look very

 bland and I'm trying to think of something to "glitter"

 them up with! 
 If I come up with a good idea, I'll photograph what I do 

and will share it with you tomorrow! I hope you have a 

lovely relaxing weekend, and until tomorrow, happy crafting.

JanB.

Products Used


2 comments:

  1. Oh! I love it, Jan! A lot! I have been deliberating on getting this set for awhile and you've just helped me make up my mind (love poinsettia anything!) so not exactly sure why. You may consider this busy (I'm not so sure) ... I think what 'saves' it might be the limited colour palette. I think it's absolute perfection! Just my humble opinion at 6:30 in the morning! 😊 Can hardly wait for the craft room tour tomorrow! Happy crafting weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Geraldine. I think I'm back on track with Comments, so I should see them before they get published now! I did get a message I had 292 messages waiting for moderation so they must be the ones that came in when I wasn't getting notifications! ☺ Happy crafting. JanB.

      Delete