Tuesday 11 September 2018

Parcel Card

Hello, Crafters.

Whenever I order anything online, there is always a problem

 with it, which is why I prefer hubby to do my

 online shopping for me!
 
 In my Craft Studio Tour video I said I'd ordered six more 

trays for my Stampin' Blends. I was so pleased when they 

arrived today, but the problem? The trays are black and I 

ordered clear to match the ones I already have! Grrr!

Never mind, I relaxed by making today's card. The bow

 and "ribbon" are both from a bundle called Bring on the

 Presents, which is the name of the stamp set and

 the dies are called All the Presents Thinlits Dies.
 If you saw my Sneak Peek video, you may remember I showed

 the back of my magnetic dies folder where I had put the 

two strips of "ribbon", one set as a right angle, and the 

second set as one above the other to make a patterned strip.

 I knew then that I'd come up with an idea how to use them 

but I expected it to be as a pattern and not 

something as simple as ribbon on a parcel!

 I made a card similar to this last year but I used real ribbon

 and a red felt stitched star for the centre! The Bring on 

the Presents Stamp Set also includes two 3" stripe stamps 

that can also be used as ribbons, although you'd have

 to stamp two together to do my size parcel! 
 The Designer Series Paper I used for my card is Under the

 Mistletoe, and the cardstocks used are Shaded Spruce,

 Real Red and Whisper White.
  I chose the sentiment from the Many Blessings Stamp Set, 

and die cut it using a die from the Lakeside Framelits Dies. 

I die cut the shape again but this time in Shaded Spruce, which

 I then cut into four pieces i.e. each end that measured about

 1/2" wide, and then the straight piece left over, I cut in half.
 I used Tombow to adhere the two green shaped pieces on 

either end of the sentiment, and then I adhered the two 

straight pieces top and bottom. I finished it off by 

adding two Red Rhinestones. To decorate the inside of the

 card adhered a layer of Real Red CS, and then a layer of

 Whisper White CS.

I finished the inside off with a another Real Red die cut bow - the

 same as on the front of the card - in the bottom right-hand

 side corner. I felt my card needed a bit of sparkle so I

 painted over both bows and the "ribbon" using my Wink

 of Stella Clear Glitter Pen! A simple card and I'm happy with 

how it turned out. I hope you do, too!

 That's about it from me today. Until tomorrow, happy crafting.

JanB. 

Products Used
 

2 comments:

  1. Jan, I love your work. I am not receiving your post anymore. Is there something I need to do?
    lindarial33@gmail.com
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Linda. I'm so sorry about this - unfortunately you're not alone! There's an issue with Blogger. I'm trying something else today so hopefully you'll receive tomorrow's notification. I'd be very grateful if you'd keep me updated. Many thanks, ☺☺ Happy crafting. JanB.

      Delete