Tuesday 4 September 2018

Making Christmas Bright Card


Hello, Crafters.
I am absolutely amazed with some of today's photographs

 because you can see the shimmer on the Shimmery White

 Cardstock!! That's something I've never achieved before, 

and it's sheer luck it happened today! 

See the second photograph for the best example!
 I decided to use my Stamparatus to line up where I wanted

 to place the strings of lights. It was so much easier linking 

two strings together - as I did for the two strings below the 

ribbon - because I didn't have my hands obstructing my view! 
 After I had stamped the first string, I cleaned the stamp, and

 then moved the cardstock into a different position for the

 second string. This was much easier than trying to 

move the stamp each time. 
  I coloured all the bulbs using Real Red, Old Olive and 

Shaded Spruce Marker Pens, and then I stamped the three

 images using the same three colours but in inks.
 I die cut the image using the third size Stitched Shape

 Circle Framelit, and layered it onto a scalloped circle die cut

 using the no.6 size Layering Scallop Circle Framelit.
I adhered the top layer of the card onto a layer of Real Red

 Cardstock, and then adhered a one inch strip of a green 

design from the All is Bright Designer Series Paper (DSP) 

Pack across the centre of the card.
 I then added a strip of Real Red Cotton Ribbon across the 

strip of DSP, and then a strip of narrow Whisper White Sheer

 Ribbon, above and below the Real Red Ribbon. I applied 

some fine tip glue to each of the light bulbs which has

 given them all an amazing shine.

I finished the front of the Shaded Spruce card by adding a 

row of Real Red Rhinestones across the Real Red 

Ribbon and then three more on the sentiment.
 To decorate the inside of the card, I stamped a string of 

lights across the botton right hand corner of another 

Shimmery White Cardstock, and painted it in 

the same style as the front.
That's it from me today. I hope you've enjoyed seeing

today's project. Until tomorrow, happy crafting.

JanB. 


To purchase any of the products I used to 
make this card, please click on any of the images below, 
and you will be taken to my 24/7 Online Stampin'
 Up! Shop. Happy crafting. 
JanB. ♥
 Products Used 
Big Shot
[143263]
£102.00

1 comment:

  1. Very cute and festive! And yes! I can see the shimmer and glimmer clearly! Love how you've highlighted the Christmas lights too!

    ReplyDelete