Thursday 13 September 2018

First Frost Birthday Card

Hello, Crafters.

I love everything about the Frosted Floral Suite, and like 

the Santa's Workshop Designer Series Paper (DSP), I seriously

 under-estimated the DSP!  It's called Frosted Floral and 

the designs and colours, which are all on a gorgeous

 shimmery white Cardstock (CS), are stunning. 

This suite would make a fantastic all year round suite! The

 stamps are beautifully made to produce shaded images so

 all the hard work is done for us. I chose the DSP before I

 decided on the design of my cards, 

and after that, I found it plain sailing.  
The colours in the DSP are Soft Sea Foam, Mint Macaroon

 and Tranquil Tide, so I chose Berry Burst and Tranquil Tide

 as my colour scheme for the image. I don't see this stamp 

set as a Christmas set so I made my card a birthday card,

 with a sentiment from Itty Bitty Greetings.
  At first I was planning on three identical sentiments using

 Tranquil Tide,  Berry Burst and Mint Macaroon. After I had

 created them, it was obvious it was going to be rather

 over-crowded so the Mint Macaroon banner bit the dust! 


For the frame, I used the largest Stitched Shape Oval Die,

 but it was just a tad too small for the branch of leaves image, 

so I snipped the last piece off, and then cut a slight

 curve to finish off the end.

 I adhered the Whisper White CS oval onto a scalloped 

oval in Tranquil Tide, and then I adhered the branch

 with the leaves using Mini Dimensionals. I had stamped

 and die cut four "thistles", but decided I only had

 room for three with the banners. 

The stems were quite long so I cut them down quite

 considerably and tucked them under the branch.I used 

the fourth "thistle" to decorate the inside of my card. 
The card base is Mint Macaroon, with a layer of Tranquil

 Tide and a top layer of the Frosted Floral DSP on the front,

 and Whisper White on the inside. The ribbon I wrapped

 around the middle is the Berry Burst Mini Ruffled ribbon.

 I finished off the front of the card by adding some 

Basic Pearls at the base of each Thistle, plus where the 

two banners meet. I hope you've enjoyed today's project;

 I certainly enjoyed creating it. 

Hubby has two days off work, so today we are going down 

to Brighton which is on the sunny, south coast. Tomorrow,

 I'll give you a quick rundown on what we did, where

 we went, and what we saw! ☺ 

I hope you have a lovely day, and until tomorrow, happy crafting.

JanB.


Products Used

Big Shot
[143263]
£102.00


6 comments:

  1. Love this card,I have the bundle and been working on doing a card,really like the colour combo you used

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Chris. This is my favourite bundle in the Christmas catalogue....at the moment! This is definitely the best Christmas catalogue we've had in recent years. ☺ Happy crafting, JanB.

      Delete
  2. This could quite possibly be my favourite in the Holiday Catalogue; the whole suite. Love what you've done with your card this morning, Jan. It's gorgeous! Aren't the colours just delicious too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Geraldine. I have to confess that I wasn't taken with Tranquil Tide, or Shaded Spruce when they first came out, but now I love them both! ☺ Happy crafting, JanB.

      Delete
  3. Absolutely fabulous. You are an inspiration. Thank you .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Alison. I appreciate your kind words - many thanks. ☺ Happy crafting. JanB.

      Delete